Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanks LMC Lady # 11 and more . . .

I finally met with colleague LMC Lady aka CPSHS Librarian Linda (LL-cool eh?) Wise and we went over some very helpful and important information about Google: How to conduct an advance search option to narrow down information that students are looking for; the domains of .edu, .org, and .gov . . . these may have more reliable information than always defaulting to .com; I also picked up on information regarding the link to organize information by asking a question of Google and hence make researching easier. For example -"the year of the Indian Removal Act was"; lastly the cool "cached" option that allows students to highlight key words and/or phrases in long text, etc. So thanks Lady LMC!

CYBER MONDAY!
How many of you went shopping online yesterday? Did you know that Cyber Monday refers to the Monday immediately following Black Friday? Have you ever been to: www.cybermonday.com ? It is the unofficial holiday kick-off of the online-shopping season in the US. So instead of the brick and mortar shopping did you warm up that computer . . . and burn up that wallet? For my part, I shopped on-line last week at Amazon.com and dropped a cool 75.00. on books for our Association. I guess I jumped started Cyber Monday. . . unlike Black Friday. Have you ever foughtI was crowds in downtown Chicago the day after Thanksgiving? I don't know which I could not stand more-throngs of shoppers or the PETA crowds marching along State street protesting the use of animal made products in shoes and clothing! Only in America though . . .

Have a good week all!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I appreciate the kind comments and I'm glad the info was helpful. I'm always happy to help out. Can't wait to hear if the info was helpful to the kids too. Linda