Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives

Today was an interesting one in regard to the use of technonolgy. I sent my Hmong Culture and society students to: www.cia.gov for lots of great information on the country of China. I am teaching a two week unit on China and the technology timing could not be better. I was able to share information at the CIA and also share some other websites. Things go so much faster at in the computer lab if one can first demonstrate with the use of a computer and projector.

In my history classes I shared a wonderful short dvd piece that was produced by American Family Insurance called Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives. Very good. It visually cited people who overcame hurdles and went on to do great things. Included were Michael Jordon, Michelle Kwan, and Henry Ford to name a few. Students in all classes wanted to see this approximately four minute piece-twice. I believe the "big scree" appeal was one reason but not the only one. Everyday seems a new techy adventure. I am fortunate to be able to share these great things!

No comments: