Sunday, April 27, 2008

Computer Help? Check this out!!!

On Thursday I took a personal day. Like everyone, I had PLENTY of business to take care of. . . personal as well as professional. You can appreciate and imagine how panicked I was to wake up and find my Dell PC had seemingly ground to a halt! Much of what I needed to do required that the use of my computer. Certainly and without a doubt the MacBook (which is almost always locked away in a secure school spot each night at CPSHS) was a lifeline, as I had taken it home the night before to work with. What to do? Thank God for good friends! My dear friend Ted C. who knows more than a thing or two about computers (tons) suggested that I bring my Dell pc computer to a place I now highly recommend to you. It is General NanoSystems. You can find out more about this company on the web at: www.nanosys1.com

Long story short: A diagnostic test was run (30.00) and it turns out the computer was fine! Of course I was AMAZED when the service guy opened the computer (I have owned it three years) and I saw that it was loaded with dust, dust, and more dust! Suffice to say, when I brought the computer home I promptly and carefully used the right tools to remove the gobs of dust from the computer! The guy that worked with me suggested I add two new (new to me) computer protection software programs to my computer. One is AVG Free-an antivirus and antispyware software for Windows. The other is also free: Windows Defender is "a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and securtiy threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software".

So while I have not yet downloaded these two software programs-I plan to sometime soon! It seems to me that they are just as good as McAfee's. I think Dell and McAfee's must work together to make $$. Should any of you have thoughts on what is the best in terms of computer security-let me know.

But again . . . let me encourage you to check out General NanoSystems. They are located at 3014 University Avenue SE in Minneapolis. Just west of Hubbard Broadcasting/KSTP studios. Their number is 1-612-331-3690!

1 comment:

Jeniffer said...

I recently visited your blog (http://italy23.blogspot.com/2008/04/computer-help-check-this-out.html)and found it quite interesting .I have website that has deals with the same subject. Therefore, exchanging content links with your blog i would help to generate traffic and gain maximum backlinks. If you are interested with my proposal please mail me at (jeniffertech@gmail.com)

Best regards!
Jeniffer