Sunday, April 20, 2008

Podcasts and politics

Hi all!



I am BLOGGING today! Anne take notice! I thoroughly enjoyed the last Info. Lit meeting regarding podcasts. I think that I even blogged about some time ago about them earlier. Whether the podcasts are audio or video (and audio)-they have been immensely helpful in sorting out, illuminating, underscoring-all things political -especially in what has been a long, exciting, dramatic-Democratic primary. I think that my students have been better able to analyze the Dem's race because of my involvement in the Information Literacy program and the capacity for all stakeholders involved to provide technology support and hardware. Tomorrow students will be listening to the New York Time's Adam Nagourney, Gerry Mullany, Michael Luo and Kate Phillips discuss the '08 presidential race. Check out Politics Points podcasts at http://www.nytimes.com/pages/politics/ It is abut nine minutes in length.



I cannot emphasize enough the doors that have opened in terms of the use of technology in our classrooms. For the first time-I have especially been surprised at how I can apply that technology to political campaigns every two and four years.



Lastly, Clinton, Obama Ad Wars Heat Up Ahead of Pa. Vote is another great podcast released yesterday by NPR (National Public Radio) which can be found at:



http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89779101 The length of that runs 4:35



Have fun!

No comments: