Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blogger reaction ramblings. . .

Colleagues-I have had a wonderful Holiday break. However, in regards to Bloglines, I still do not know how to reply to peoples blogs. We have such a great group of colleagues in our Information Literacy cohort but I cannot resist not wanting to reply to a few people. The problem is I can't figure it out. If someone can let me know-please do so. Otherwise I will check with LMC Lady next week.

I do need to reply to two people:

Lindsay (I think) aka Lindsay's 23 and Brad aka twentytreetings

First Lindsay:

I agree wholeheartedly with Lindsay when she states that she has learned so much already about technology due to her participation in this program. I have too! I didn't know how to navigate this much with technology before all of this. The transfer of some of this technology based information that I have learned to my students has been beneficial to them as well . . . I hope. I also like Lindsay's analogy of the acquisition of technology to dance. My interpretation is then when Lindsay dances she learns through trial and error. Not knowing how to dance, my guess it is "One step at a time" as they say. Lindsay has pointed out that this is a similar experience when learning how to navigate through all of this new technology that none of grew up with and have no prior (or little) prior knowledge of. Thanks for "The Last December Postings" Lindsay!

Brad:
Message to Brad: Hello? Drop the dial up access. Do you know how unrealistic it is to be fooling around with that in this day and age? My understanding is that the software and hardware we use is at its optimal best with either DSL or Cable. In both cases, their high-speed is no match for dial up and never will be. I have talked to many people who have had nothing but frustration with dial-up at home. Do you really have time to wait and wait to do things on-line? Not to mention the fact that you tie up the line for people trying to contact you via your land line. So PLEASE consider the switch as it is money well spent. The fact that you will feel better about technology, your participation in the Information Literacy cohort you are in, and your computer and projector.
Go to: http://www.qwest.com/residential/internet/special_offers.html Try it for 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied you can cancel with no further obligations. Also see below:

KEEP A LOW $26.99/MO. PRICE FOR LIFE Sign up now and keep this price for the life of your Internet service with a two-year commitment, or get this price for one year with no commitment. Get up to 1.5Mbps — 25 times faster download speed than 56Kbps dial-up — for $26.99 a month. (When bundled with a qualifying home phone package, $31.99 a month without).

I am very happy with Qwest DSL. It is not as expensive as Comcast's high speed cable but it is a bit easier on the pocketbook. It is also much faster than dial-up. I know that LMC Lady is happy with hers as well.

Best wishes to all of you! "Happy New Year 2008!"

3 comments:

L. M. Peifer said...

Thanks so much for your comment about my post! In response to your question, to leave a comment, you have to actually go to the blog itself versus reading the posts from bloglines. Then, for the particular post you want to comment on, there will be a comment link...I hope that helps.

Lindsay

Linda said...

Steve - Did you figure out how to leave a comment? If not, stop by and I'll show you. Linda

your Athenaeum Bard said...

we use earthlink.net at home (dsl) and are happy with it; don't be railroaded into Qwest without checking out other options. :-)