Monday, January 21, 2008

All things current events-Campaign 2008

Colleagues-One subject that I find very interesting is American politics. It must be that it goes hand in hand with American History. Don't get me wrong, I can get sick of politics if not in moderation. However, this Presidential campaign cycle (as most of my fellow readers know) is anything but conventional-and hence lots of fun! I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing articles, podcasts, and all things current events -Campaign 2008 with SPPS students. Wednesday we begin a new semester and I will teach a new elective Semester Two on African American history. I intend to share this interesting article(and yes like the WCCO podcast it is news worth knowing) check it out at: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/21/debate.preview/index.html


Additionally, I enjoy referring time and again to the 2008 Presidential Primary and Caucus map which is interactive and projects well onto the big screen. It really is a great map to share with students. Check it out at:

http://www.npr.org/templates/topics/topic.php?topicId=1102#/primaries/


And lastly, I wish everyone an enjoyable and relaxing MLK Holiday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for the npr link. I liked it. Linda